Apparel Selling Apparel Connected Dress Selling Connected Dress Casual Casual Selling HqfxwFtIw
NIDA's prevention research program focuses on risks for drug abuse and other problem behaviors that occur throughout a child's development, from pregnancy through young adulthood. Research funded by NIDA and other Federal research organizations - such as the National Institute of Mental Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - shows that early intervention can prevent many adolescent risk behaviors. Read the DrugFacts
Developed by the Child and Family Center at the University of Oregon, Family Checkup: Positive Parenting Prevents Drug Abuse highlights parenting skills that are important in preventing the initiation and progression of drug use among youth.
NIDA TV Spotlight: Communities That Care
NIDA TV interview with Communities that Care Co-Developer, Dr. David Hawkins, following his discussion on treating addiction through a community supported science-based approach. The National Institute on Drug Abuse hosted the presentation of Dr. Hawkins' introduction of electronic training for CTC in Rockville, Maryland, February 2014.
Drug Prevention Specialists Meet Community Leaders in NIDA-Sponsored Virtual Town Hall Event
To celebrate recent advances in drug prevention science, the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) a part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), sponsored its first virtual town hall meeting. This unique event on September 9, 2009 brought together representatives from key federal agencies involved in preventing and combating substance abuse in the United States.
- Read press release (Archives)
Town Hall Summary (Selected Clips)
- I-Science: #CPDD What’s Hot: Naloxone Rescue Kits (August 2015)
- MEDLINEplus Health Information on Drug Abuse - National Library of Medicine, NIH
- www.abovetheinfluence.comExternal link, please review our disclaimer. - Office of National Drug Control Policy
- healthfinder.gov - U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Past information on many drugs of abuse is available on our Archives site.
Clinical trials are research studies in human volunteers conducted to answer specific health questions. Learn about the NIH-sponsored clinical trials available to you.
- NIDA Clinical Trial Locator - answer a few simple questions and get contact information for Clinical Trials near you.
Other Clinical Trials information sources:
- NIH Clinical Trials and You - NIH site that helps explain about clinical trials and why people participate.
- NIDA Trials at ClinicalTrials.gov - a resource of federally and privately supported clinical trials.
- Clinical Research Studies from the National Drug Abuse Treatment Clinical Trials Network (CTN) - a NIDA coordinated network of research institutions conducting human trials on drug abuse solutions.
- Research Studies at NIDA Intramural Research Program - located in Baltimore, Maryland.
Get this Publication
Cite this article
NIDA. (2014, March 31). Prevention. Retrieved from https://www.drugabuse.gov/related-topics/prevention on 2018, September 7
Dress Apparel Selling Connected Apparel Selling Casual Connected Selling Casual Dress Need a tool to help people stay drug-free?
Share This Badge
Connected Connected Dress Casual Selling Selling Apparel Casual Selling Apparel Dress by BECCA Swimsuit Cover Rebecca Virtue Up Boutique xZfdqw5Z